Our Platform & Features
Send SMS Campaigns
Grow Your Marketing Lists
ROI Calculator | SMS Marketing
Webinars, Guides, Videos and more
Quebec Privacy Law: 6-Point Assessment
1. Are you collecting customer contact data online for your marketing lists? (Y/N)
Yes – Great! You should be collecting customer contact data for your marketing lists at any and all opportunities. You should make sure you’re verifying this information as well.
No – This is the lowest hanging fruit and the core to building your owned audience.
2. Are you collecting customer contact data in-store for your marketing lists? (Y/N)
Yes – Great! You should be collecting customer contact data for your marketing lists at any and all opportunities.
No – We would recommend looking into capturing customer contact data for your marketing lists at your physical stores. You would increase your marketing list growth by nearly 30% if you started collecting contact information at the store.
3. Are you collecting mobile numbers for your marketing lists? (Y/N)
Yes – Great! This will help you test new and upcoming mobile communications channels like RCS.
No – At minimum, we recommend companies collect email addresses and mobile numbers. Not collecting mobile numbers will stop you from using popular mobile messaging channels that hit a 95% open rate.
4. Are you collecting customer contact data using a pen and paper for your marketing lists? (Y/N)
Yes – Collecting contact information using a pen and paper in a store can lead to high levels of human error as it’s a manual process and the wrong person being contacted at the end. Additionally, nearly 50% of consumers admit to providing false contact information when put on the spot. Use technology to correct this situation.
No – This is the best approach.
5. Does the consent text you’re using currently explicitly state you will be using the information for marketing purposes? (Y/N)
Yes – Great! You always want your consent text to be as clear as possible to the user.
No – We would recommend reviewing your consent text with a lawyer and/or seeing what your service provider recommends for the text.
6. Do you have records of your customers’ subscription history? (Y/N)
Yes – Great! This will be needed for proof of subscription to any marketing lists.
No – We would recommend double-checking with your IT team or help desk for the platform you are using. As fines will likely be increasing under any new Privacy Law in Quebec, you will need to be able to show proof of subscription in case anyone person accuses your company of sending unsolicited messages.